9 Day Photo Workshop in North & West Iceland | Waterfalls & Mountains
Join this 9-day winter photo workshop capturing the landscapes and scenes that make up the spectacular region of North and West Iceland. This is a fantastic opportunity for photographers not only looking to develop their skills behind the lens but also for those who wish to see more of Iceland than the typical traveller.
Throughout the majority of this tour, you‘ll be journeying off-the-beaten-track, experiencing majestic mountains, mighty waterfalls, amazing rock formations and, with any luck, the green and glorious Northern Lights, illuminating the Arctic sky.
This is a real opportunity to witness and photograph some of the greatest scenery not just in Iceland, but the world, ensuring that you'll have the best opportunities possible to hone your photography skills.
Further your future as a skilled landscape photographer by joining this 9-day workshop discovering and capturing the natural scenery of North and West Iceland. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 3 - Snaefellsnes In Depth
Day 4 - Heading North
Day 5 - Myvatn Region
Day 6 - Waterfalls in North Iceland
Day 7 - Geothermal Areas
Day 8 - Return to Reykjavík
Day 9 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
Terms of service
Being out in nature with a camera and a tripod can be like a form of meditation – a soothing, peaceful experience that has the potential to lift you out of this world.
For Brynjar Ágústsson, a native Icelandic professional landscape photographer, there is simply nothing more satisfying. A former member of the Rimmugýgur Icelandic Viking Community from Hafnarfjördur, Brynjar is acquainted with even the most hidden corners of Iceland and knows every magical location like the back of his hand.
This former parachute jumper, windsurfer and mountain guide has amassed a wealth of experience from guiding countless photography tours, finding himself at his absolute best when outdoors in the wilderness with a camera in hand.
Well-versed in Lightroom and Photoshop, Brynjar’s work has been featured in many magazines, commercials and exhibitions around the world. He has a deep-rooted interest in keeping abreast with the ongoing technological and ideological advancements in photography, as well as a keen eye for composition and light.
With this Viking at the helm, you will be taken to the most epic arctic landscapes on an adventure to remember for a lifetime. Brynjar’s passion for Icelandic nature is quickly mirrored by all those who join him during every journey. Says the man himself, “In our photo tours, you are in the right place at the right time when the beauty of nature’s show begins.”