4 Day Northern Lights & Ice Cave Photo Tour
Photograph the Northern Lights and ice caves in the stunning surroundings of Vatnajökull National Park. This 4-day winter photography workshop will see you chasing the Aurora across the snowy South Coast while capturing on film in the incredible beauty of ice caves, Skaftafell Nature Reserve, the Diamond Beach and Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
Whether you are a novice or professional, this tour will introduce you to the spectacular nature and volcanic landscapes of Iceland – all while you widen your portfolio and dramatically develop your photography skills with the helpful guidance of our award-winning photo instructors.
The south-east of Iceland is home to Europe’s largest glacier and many of the country’s most enchanting sights. From waterfalls to snowy mountain peaks, black sand beaches and magical glacier lagoons, this photo tour in Iceland has it all!
With ample opportunities to capture the most picturesque locations in Iceland, including glistening ice caves as well as some hidden gems located off the beaten track, your portfolio is guaranteed to expand with a myriad of diverse and unique landscape photographs from this Arctic winter wonderland.
Three nights of accommodation will be organised for you before your arrival in Iceland, as well as all of your transfers to and from your shooting locations. In addition, your expert photo guides will be on-hand throughout the experience, sharing their knowledge to ensure that you take home stunning photos of Iceland.
Do not miss this opportunity to photograph Iceland in winter, with a focus on the country’s most beautiful region and intriguing landscapes. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - South Coast to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 2 - Ice Caves in Vatnajokull National Park
Day 3 - Vatnajokull National Park In Depth
Day 4 - Golden Circle
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
26-29 Nov 2023
18-21 Feb 2024
Terms of service
Bernard GeraghtyView profile page
Bernard is not just passionate about photography, but also people. Calling himself an extra extrovert, there’s no shortage of fun and craic when Bernard is around. Putting his personality to one side, he is also a very attentive and patient teacher. His knowledge and expertise when it comes to the weather and how the light reacts to the Irish landscape is second to none. Bernard doesn’t want you to come away from the workshop with just images, he strives to
ensure you also go home with lifelong memories, experiences, and most of all friendships.