Complete Two Week Winter Photography Workshop in Iceland
Join this amazing one-of-a-kind 14-day winter photo tour of Iceland and you will have the chance to capture the Northern Lights across all corners of Iceland. This workshop is the perfect option for those who want to visit the very best sights of Iceland while developing their camera skills and building a breathtaking portfolio.
This is the most comprehensive Iceland photo tour on offer and it covers the largest number of epic locations. You will travel aboard a comfortable and spacious bus and in a modified super jeep that will take you to the most beautiful locations.
Iceland in the wintertime is a frozen land draped in a blanket of snow and ice making for stunning vistas to capture on camera. You can look forward to breathtaking glaciers, surreal ice caves, frozen waterfalls, majestic mountains, marvellous coastlines, influential geothermal areas and quaint fishing towns to name a few highlights.
It's possible to encircle the island by driving Iceland's famous Route 1 Ring Road while stopping at all the best-known as well as some more hidden locations. Included will be a two-day exploration of the wonders of the Snæfellsnes peninsula, often nicknamed 'Iceland in Miniature' for its many natural attractions.
This is a great opportunity to travel and photograph all over Iceland while learning new techniques as your award-winning photoguides help you to take your photography skills to a higher level. You will have a whole two weeks to spot the Northern Lights and expert guidance on how to best capture them on camera. This tour is appropriate for both amateurs and more experienced photographers alike.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Iceland and sign up for this 14-day winter photo workshop for a once in a lifetime experience and the perfect pictures to prove it. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - West Iceland's Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 3 - Kirkjufell Mountain
Day 4 - Hvitserkur Rock Stack
Day 5 - Godafoss & Lake Myvatn
Day 6 - Aldeyjarfoss & Hrafnabjargafoss
Day 7 - Lake Myvatn
Day 8 - East Iceland
Day 9 - Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 10 - The Blue Ice Cave
Day 11 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 12 - South Coast to Vik
Day 13 - Heading Back
Day 14 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorized by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 12-14. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
19 Feb-4 Mar 2023
19 Feb-4 Mar 2024