11 Day Northern Lights Photo Workshop around Iceland
Capture unbelievable natural phenomena such as the Northern Lights and ice caves on this eleven-day Winter in Iceland photography workshop. This tour will take you around the country's Ring Road, exposing you to spectacular landscapes and features, all the while radically improving your shooting skills.
Few wonders will be missed over the eleven days. You will get to see the unbelievable Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, the diverse Lake Mývatn region, the remote East Fjords, as well as a wealth of glaciers, volcanoes, hot-spring areas and waterfalls.
This tour is conducted by experienced, esteemed photo-guides, who know all of the iconic shooting locations as well as many lesser-known spots where you can capture unique images of the Icelandic nature far from any crowds. They are also experts in locating and shooting the aurora borealis.
Regardless of whether you are an amateur photographer merely seeking to improve your skills, or a professional photographer aspiring to greatness, this tour will be of immeasurable value, both in what you shall learn and in how much your portfolio will expand.
Do not miss your chance to photograph the crystal blue ice caves and dancing northern lights of Iceland, amongst many other sites. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - Vik i Myrdal
Day 3 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 4 - Ice Cave
Day 5 - Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon & Vestrahorn Mountain
Day 6 - Eastfjords
Day 7 - Mývatn
Day 8 - Myvatn Region
Day 9 - Godafoss Waterfall
Day 10 - Back to Reykjavík
Day 11 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
12 - 22 Jan 2024 - Guided by Raymond Hoffmann
12 - 22 Jan 2025
Raymond is an award-winning photographer with a worldwide reputation. Known for his magnificent landscape photos, his career took off in 2011, when he was voted as ‘Best Nature Photographer’ by one of Europe’s largest online photo communities.
One of his photos was even elected as one of the best photos in the 10 years history of the organization. Raymond’s work has featured in various publications, from books to newspapers and magazines, and he actively takes on assignments for publishers and advertising agencies.
These days he works as a nature photographer, mostly leading expert tours across the stunning nordic nations. He is an ambassador for the Lucroit filter system, and has won awards in a range of international photography contests.