10 Day Photo Workshop in the Highlands & South Coast
Journey across some of Iceland's most remote landscapes on this 10-day photography tour of the Highlands and South Coast. This tour is perfect for photographers with a sense of adventure as well as looking to sharpen their camera skills.
You’ll be whisked away in a modified 4X4 vehicle to the heart of Iceland’s remote highlands, where you’ll capture desolate scenes of natural beauty and photograph Iceland’s iconic landscapes.
You will see the captivating geothermal sceneries to be found at both Hveravellir and Landmannalaugar, the multi-coloured rhyolite mountain ranges across the central Highlands, countless waterfalls as well as the serene and splendid glacier lagoon at Jökulsárlón.
Iceland truly is a land of contrasts. At Fjaðrárgljúfur and Sigöldugljúfur canyons, you will photograph lush, green, moss-covered scenes whereas at the Diamond Beach you will capture glistening ice crystals as they sit upon the volcanic black sands that Icelandic beaches are famous for. You will visit the most famous of these, Reynisfjara beach.
The tour will be led in small groups by award-winning, professional photographers, giving you the opportunity to hone your skills in the company of friendly, knowledgeable experts. Every evening, your accommodation will be arranged for you as well as all of your meals and airport transfers.
Pack your camera and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime, as you venture out into the wilderness to explore Landmannalaugar, Vatnajökull and beyond. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - Kerlingarfjoll Mountains in the Highlands
Day 3 - Landmannalaugar
Day 4 - Highland Waterfalls
Day 5 - Mountains & Lava Fields
Day 6 - South Fjallabak Highlands
Day 7 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 8 - Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 9 - South Coast
Day 10 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
4-13 Sep 2022
24 Jul -2 Aug 2023
19-28 Aug 2023
4-13 Sep 2023