6 Day Photo Workshop Camping in the Icelandic Highlands
Join this six-day camping and photography adventure in the Icelandic Highlands, which will see you following the Midnight Sun and hunting for the best photographic opportunities that Iceland has to offer.
Rather than sticking to a set itinerary, we will work with the available conditions to ensure that you will be in the right place at the right time to capture stunning photos within the moment. Due to the fact it will never get dark, your shooting opportunities will be endless.
The entire tour will be conducted under the helpful eye of our experienced photo guides, who are experts at shooting in Iceland’s diverse and splendid lighting conditions. Having travelled extensively in the Icelandic Highlands, they will be on hand to ensure your safety and to help you develop your skills throughout the workshop.
The Highlands are mostly rugged and uninhabitable, covering a large part of the interior of Iceland. The area that we will explore was carved over a long period of time by volcanic activity and can largely be crossed only during the Icelandic summer.
It is a raw and powerful place, where deserts of black sand, steaming hot springs and barren glacial moraine are interspersed with lush fields of vegetation. The Highlands truly are a paradise.
With such an abundance of photographic opportunities, the Highlands of Iceland provide avid photographers—both aspiring amateurs and established professionals—with countless subjects upon which to improve their landscape photography skills.
Make sure you do not miss this excellent opportunity to explore the Highlands on this unique camping photo workshop, which will take you off the beaten path and into the very heart of Iceland itself. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Days 1 to 6: A Highlands Camping Photo Adventure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.