2-Day Snaefellsnes Peninsula in Summer Photography Tour
Bask in the warm glow of the Midnight Sun and make the most of the endless daylight during summer in Iceland on this 2-day photography tour to the magical Snæfellsnes Peninsula. This photo workshop is perfect for keen photographers of any skill level looking to explore this exciting peninsula in the West of Iceland while improving their landscape photography expertise.
Departing from Reykjavík, this small group photography tour is designed to maximise the time that you’ll spend immersed in nature as you hone your camera skills in some of the most stunning scenery to be found on Earth. There’s a reason that the Snæfellsnes Peninsula is oftentimes described as “Iceland in Miniature" and you’ll soon discover why.
Summer is when this region really comes alive, blanketed in wildflowers and teeming with wildlife. You’ll have the chance to explore beautiful waterfalls surrounded by lush vegetation, vast lava fields covered in Icelandic moss and sweeping coastlines made all the more breathtaking by a backdrop of mountains and a majestic glacier.
You can sample all that Iceland has to offer, even if you have just a brief amount of time, as the Snæfellsnes Peninsula is a perfect reflection of some of the best sights to be found all over the country.
Some notable sights that you’ll visit include the charming black church of Budir, the small fishing village of Arnarstapi where you’ll be able to wander around rugged cliffs standing tall against the North Atlantic Ocean, as well as the famous Kirkjufell; a pyramid-shaped mountain best known as a filming location for ‘Game of Thrones’.
Along the way, your expert photo guides will treat you to some lesser-known sights as we take you off the beaten track. With so much excitement scheduled over two wonderful days, you’ll truly be experiencing the journey of a lifetime.
Discover the wonders of the Snæfellsnes peninsula under the Midnight Sun through your camera lense on this exciting summer photography tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 2 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula & back to Reykjavik
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.