5 Day Autumn Photo Workshop in Iceland
Capture the extraordinary colours of fall and chase the Northern Lights across the stunning surrounds of the Vatnajökull National Park during this spectacular 5-day autumn photography workshop in Iceland!
The south east of Iceland is an awe-inspiring place where enormous glaciers meet with mossy lava fields, soaringly high cliffs, vast black sand beaches and thundering waterfalls. You'll witness the pristine nature that Iceland's famous South Coast is well-known for as you make your way from Reykjavík in the country's west, all the way to the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and Diamond Beach in the east.
Along the way, you'll have countless opportunities to photograph Iceland's most magnificent scenery both on and off the beaten track as you immerse yourself in the vibrant fall foliage. Autumn is a wonderful time to experience the Land of Fire and Ice, when the days are shorter and the nights are darker, heralding the return of the Northern Lights dancing across the night sky.
You'll have four nights of pre-arranged accommodation, as well as transport in a spacious and comfortable vehicle throughout the tour, giving you all the more time to focus on what you do best. Be prepared to expand your landscape photography portfolio and to rapidly improve your skills as our expert photography guides share all of their knowledge with you, ensuring that you'll have a well-rounded experience both in-field and out. They'll keep an eye on the weather conditions and Aurora activity so that you can be in the best locations at all the right times to take advantage of the autumn light.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Vatnajökull National Park of Iceland on this incredible 5-day photography workshop. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Reykjavik to the South Coast
Day 2 - Vik to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 3 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 4 - Vatnajokull National Park / Skaftafell Nature Reserve
Day 5 - Golden Circle and back to Reykjavik
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-14. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
24-28 Sep 2023
1-5 Oct 2023
24-28 Sep 2024
1-5 Oct 2024