4 Day Autumn Photo Workshop in Iceland
Capture the beautiful fall colours of Iceland and chase the Northern Lights within the wild and unforgettable Vatnajökull National Park! This 4-day autumn photography workshop will have you immersed in the stunning sights of the famous South Coast, Diamond Beach, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and the breathtaking Skaftafell Nature Reserve.
Autumn is a wonderful time in Iceland, when things are beginning to wind down for the long winter ahead. The days become shorter and darkness returns to the night, creating the perfect recipe for hunting the Aurora Borealis.
The south eastern part of Iceland is where you will find a diverse landscape dotted with thundering waterfalls, volcanic black sand beaches, dramatic cliffs, spectacular coastlines, jagged mountain peaks and incredible glacial tongues amidst a myriad of shooting opportunities. During this tour, you'll visit some of the more iconic landmarks as well as hidden gems situated well off the beaten-track. They make for fascinating foregrounds beneath the atmospheric display of the Northern Lights.
You'll have three nights of pre-arranged accommodation for the duration of the tour, as well as spacious and comfortable transportation to all of your shooting locations. Throughout the workshop, your expert photography guide will take you to all of the best places for landscape photography in Iceland, keeping an eye on the weather and lighting conditions to ensure that you'll be well-placed to capture the very best images. They'll share their wealth of knowledge with you to ensure that you'll have a rounded experience, from learning how to use your camera in-field to mastering post-processing techniques which will no doubt be a valuable addition to your repertoire of skills.
Whether you are just picking up a camera for the first time or you're a professional photographer seeking to expand your photography portfolio, this workshop will take you to the very heart of all the various stunning highlights within Vatnajökull National Park and more.
Make the most of your trip to Iceland with the opportunity to photograph the country's gorgeous landscapes, tinged by the earthen hues of fall! Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - South Coast to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Day 2 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 3 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 4 - Golden Circle and Back to Reykjavik
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
26-29 Oct 2023- GUIDED BY KEVIN PAGÉS
26-29 Oct 2024