Two Week Circle of Iceland Photo Workshop in Autumn
Join us on a two-week photography adventure along the Ring Road, visiting the best of Iceland’s majestic landscapes. This workshop road trip is a great idea for anyone who wants to discover Iceland's limitless natural beauty with a camera, all while developing their photography skills.
Autumn in Iceland is a colourful season of contrasts, which makes for excellent photos of landscapes bursting with texture and colour. The temperature is not yet as cold as it gets in the winter but you can still chase the Northern Lights in the dark autumnal nights.
Your tour of the island will be led by an award-winning photographer, who will direct you every step of the way and help you to capture the stunning landscapes. You will travel in a comfortable minivan with plenty of space for you and your equipment.
The famous Route 1 Ring Road encircles the island and you will complete it with numerous stops along the way. You will also visit the Snæfellsnes peninsula in the West of Iceland, where you will find waterfalls, dramatic rock formations and mystical mountains.
You will have the opportunity to shoot glaciers, icebergs, mountains and so much more with your experienced photo guide, who will share their insider knowledge about the best places to stand your tripod and which subjects to feature for the perfect composition. This tour is open to all skill levels and so it is well suited for amateurs and experts alike.
Each evening, you will cast your eyes to the heavens, so as not to miss the Northern Lights should they make an appearance. Your guide will also keep an eye on the aurora forecast and keep in mind the best landmarks to feature in the foreground of your Northern Lights snaps.
Spanning over two whole weeks, this trip around Iceland in autumn is a comprehensive workshop that is guaranteed to leave you with quality photos and memories to last a lifetime.
Grab your camera and join this exciting, gently paced photography workshop today! Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - Heading to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 3 - Photographing Snaefellsnes
Day 4 - Hvitserkur Rock Stack in North Iceland
Day 5 - Lake Myvatn
Day 6 - Waterfalls of the North
Day 7 - Lake Myvatn's Geothermal Areas
Day 8 - Heading East
Day 9 - Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon & Diamond Beach
Day 10 - Vatnajokull National Park In-Depth
Day 11 - Majestic Mountains
Day 12 - Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach
Day 13 - South Coast
Day 14 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
18 Sep-1 Oct 2023 GUIDED BY VINCENZO MAZZA- SOLD OUT
18 Sep-1 Oct 2024