11 Day Iceland in Autumn Photography Workshop
Join this amazing 11-day photography tour and discover the brilliant colours and sights of Iceland in autumn with your camera. This is the perfect option for anyone keen to explore the otherworldly landscapes of Iceland while sharpening their photography skills.
Autumn is the perfect time to explore Iceland; it's a season that brings with it a series of changing forms, lights and colours, in the last hurrah before the coming winter. It’s true that by this time of year the days are growing fairly short, but it’s also around October that the wondrous Northern Lights return to the skies.
This tour will focus primarily on capturing some of Iceland’s finest sights when the conditions are at their best during the golden light of the sunset and sunrise. Of course, we will spend plenty of time hunting the Aurora Borealis as well.
Joining this group of photography enthusiasts will be two world-leading award-winning photography instructors, who know all of the locations in detail and have mastered the ins and outs of making the most of Iceland's beautiful landscapes. This workshop is well-suited to amateur photographers as well as the more experienced looking to hone their craft.
In terms of locations, the group will focus on the rugged sights of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula in West Iceland, the popular Golden Circle near the capital, and the breathtaking wonders of Iceland’s South Coast.
Expect to see one of Europe’s most imposing glaciers, photogenic ice and rock formations, dynamic coastlines, volcanic black sand beaches, thunderous waterfalls, and much more besides.
Embrace the rugged beauty of Iceland and take some amazing pictures to last a lifetime on this photography tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Arrival
Day 2 - Snæfellsnes peninsula
Day 3 - Snæfellsnes peninsula
Day 4 - Hraunfossar – Golden circle
Day 5 - Vík
Day 6 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 7 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 8 - Vatnajokull National Park
Day 9 - Vík
Day 10 - Heading Back
Day 11 - Departure
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
2-12 Oct 2022 guided by Vincenzo Mazza
2-12 Oct 2023