2 Day Snaefellsnes Peninsula in Winter Photography Tour
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the windswept Snaefellsnes Peninsula with this 2-day small group photography tour departing from Reykjavik. This diverse region is often described as “Iceland in Miniature ” as it is a place where you can sample a little bit of everything that this magical country has to offer in a short timeframe.
From gorgeous waterfalls to volcanic lava fields, incredible coastlines, majestic mountains and glaciers glistening upon the horizon, this wonderful corner in the West of Iceland has it all. Capturing the sights of Snæfellsnes in winter is an enchanting experience, when the Northern Lights dance over the frosty surroundings and ethereal daytime light comes into play.
During the day, your experienced photo guides will whisk you away to some of the most photogenic locations to hone your landscape photography skills. You will visit the black church of Búðir, the fishing village of Arnarstapi where the basalt plugs Lóndrangar rise from the Atlantic Ocean, and the famous Mount Kirkjufell which featured in the hit HBO show, Game of Thrones.
In the evenings, you’ll train your eyes towards the night sky as you commence the exciting chase for the Northern Lights, which are known to dance above this spectacular landscape making for a truly wonderful spectacle that you'll want to immortalise with your camera.
With so much adventure packed into only a couple of days, you will experience Icelandic nature at its finest, all while you develop your landscape photography skills to a whole new level. Whether you are a beginner photographer, a hobbyist, an amateur, or even a professional, a keen sense of adventure is all you’ll need to enjoy this 2-day photo tour in Iceland.
Get ready to explore the wonders of the Snæfellsnes peninsula and capture it all on your camera on this incredible winter photography tour in Iceland. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Day 2 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula & back to Reykjavik
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
1-2 Feb 2024