3 Day Photo Workshop in the Icelandic Highlands
Capture the raw beauty of the incredible Highlands of Iceland beneath the Midnight Sun on this three-day photography tour. Whether you are a novice looking to learn some new skills, or a professional seeking to widen your portfolio, this tour will hone your craft while exposing you to mind-blowing landscapes.
This workshop will focus on the spectacular Landmannalaugar region in Iceland’s southern Highlands and its surroundings. This is an otherworldly place, of brightly coloured rhyolite mountains, steaming river systems, bubbling hot springs, azure lakes and massive waterfalls, surrounded by mighty glaciers and ominous volcanoes.
Many of Iceland’s hidden gems and places of unbelievable raw beauty are nestled in the remote Highlands, far from the crowds, making for perfect, unique subjects in your shots.
This tour will be conducted under the watchful eyes of experienced and award-winning photo guides who are intimately familiar with the Icelandic landscape and how to capture it perfectly in this country’s ever-changing light and weather conditions. They will be on hand throughout to help you find the best subjects and create the best compositions.
This tour includes two nights of accommodation in the highlands and all transportation in a comfortable, spacious minibus.
Explore one of the most far-flung and fascinating landscapes Iceland has to offer on this photo expedition of the Highlands. Check availability by choosing a date.
Day 1 - Into the Wild Icelandic Nature
Day 2 - Landmannalaugar
Day 3 - Highland Waterfalls & Desert
Good to know
- We are a local tour operator and travel agency authorised by the tourism board of Iceland.
- We offer small group tours with a maximum group size of 10-12. This way, you’ll get to know your photography guide and we can take you to shoot in unique places that aren’t suitable for larger groups.
- All our guests get a free collection of post-processing videos from our award-winning photographers worth over $1,500.
- On our tours we use comfortable vehicles to safely transport you to amazing locations.
- We are using only the best hotels available in Iceland.
- Our photo tours and workshops are guided by award-winning professional landscape photographers.
- We provide crampons and rubber boots for free to all our guests throughout the tour.
- During the tour, we give highly informative and easy-to-follow photography and post-processing lectures.
- Our photo guides will always help you in the field to make sure you will bring home stunning photos of Iceland.
We highly recommend that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme will not cover you whilst you are overseas.
The tour is always dependent on weather, as the Icelandic weather can indeed be highly unpredictable. Likewise, visits to ice caves are dependent on favorable conditions, and indeed the ice caves themselves are not permanent. When it comes to the Northern Lights, while they are most likely to be seen between September and April, there is no guarantee that they will appear on a given day.
24-26 July 2024
13-15 Aug 2024
24-26 July 2025
13-15 Aug 2025